Monday, August 18, 2008

TS Fay welcomes me

Yesterday a friend and I spent the day running around shopping. At WalMart there were a bazillion people, and apparently they all felt a compulsive urge to buy bottled water, coolers, flashlights and batteries. Kinda reminded me of Black Friday shoppers right before Y2K LOL!

Tropical Storm Fay is predicted to become Hurricane Fay in the next few hours. This apparently forecasts the end of the world as we knew it in SW Florida! Since when did a hurricane become equal to the end of the world? Isn't a hurricane just a thunderstorm on really good steriods? If I lived thru the Blizzard of 77 and apparently survived, am I supposed to be worried about Fay? As far as I can see, the worst thing that could happen is no electric for a day... aka no tv, radio, or god-forbid Internet access.

Is everyone else over reacting or am I denying that this could be a problem? I thought I had a handle on it until I woke-up around 3am last night worrying about this. Goofy worries too. 'Do I have enough bread?', 'What if the wind is too strong for me to hold onto Maxx?', 'Where can I put my laptop that is hurricane safe?'. None of these are really rational worries if a hurricane really is something that equals disaster, right?

I guess my conern is becoming, am I right, or am I in denial?
I'll report back when Fay goes away and see who's right... me or everyone else...

No comments: