Monday, March 2, 2009

Marching ever closer to Spring

Well, Maxx is smarter than even I gave him credit for!! After he'd unzipped his crate the other day, I thought long and hard about how to keep him in. I decided to put one of those clips for your keys into the two zipper tags, figuring if he got it open at all, this would at least keep him from being able to open it more than half an inch... WRONG! I guess when he figured out he couldn't force it open any further he decided on a new way to get free. Would you believe it? He ATE THE ZIPPER! Chewed himself up a section of the zipper just big enough for him to squeeze out of! Part of me wanted to praise him for being so smart, part of me wanted to scold him for destroying the crate, but in the end I just ended up spending $80 I didn't want to spend on a wire crate :(

* * * * *

It's so strange to think of Spring approaching when the average temp down here is in the mid to upper 70's in the Winter! Yes it's been kinda cool down here this Winter, but I'm not going to complain when it's more like Spring than Summer for a couple of days LOL! Then I talk to friends up North and hear how cold it is for them. Watching the news is eyeopening when I see all this white stuff on the ground. With everything so green here it's hard to believe it's still so gross up North... nope, don't miss the North a bit LOL!

* * * * *

I've got something I want to blog about, but I promised someone I wouldn't. It's driving me nuts not to talk about it here. Hopefully I'll get the ok to post about it soon!

* * * * *

There's a story on the NBC Nightly News right now about the health issues for people working the night shift. Is there really anyone who doesn't know staying up at night when you're body is designed to be asleep isn't all that great for your health??? What they're not talking about is how it can be dangerous for your backside!!! When you're tired, feeling constantly sleep deprived, and feel like you're missing out on the best part of the day because you're asleep during it... well, I'll just say I tend to say things I didn't intend to say outloud and in a tone I didn't intend to express. Please note I didn't say I didn't mean the tone and words, only that I didn't intend to have them come out of my mouth. Working the night shift is a lot like being sick for me... my 'filters' don't work very well when I'm tired for the upteenth day in a row :(

Hmmm, wonder if I can get outa a future spanking by saying it's not my fault... I'm sleep deprived! WEG!

No comments: