Wednesday, September 10, 2008

'Home' is more than a word

There's a big difference between a house and 'home'. This past summer I really felt like I was home.... now I feel like I live in a house. Like I live in a house where I'm not welcome.

I got home with my mom on Sunday. 4 days in the car was tough, but only really due to the lack of privacy. Travelling with Mom was enjoyable 95% of the time. From pretty much the moment we walked into the house, I've been miserable. I don't know what happened, but she's been sooooo cranky and nasty and negative. Her tone is always at least half pissed off, her pov is ALWAYS the glass is not just half empty, but it's dirty and leaving a ring on the table. It's hard to live with someone who can't seem to find anything positive to say about anything!

I'm really praying that this is just a temporary readjustment period for her. If it's not, I'm going to end up homeless because I can't live like this for much long :(

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh dear. I am so sorry to hear there is trouble in paradise. It is so hard being around a lot of negativity. I totally agree with you there. I will be praying for you that things will get better.

Just keep giving Maxx big hugs and hope for the best for now!!!


Hugs

Jen

Adam's Angel said...

I'm sorry to hear it's not going super fabulous for you right now. I can imagine it is a big adjustment for her too - plus it always takes me a few days to unwind after travelling --- AND TRAVELLING FOR DAYS??? Uh, now way.

Give it some time. You've probably been through worse.