Monday, September 8, 2008

Back home

Being couped up in a car with any other human being for 5 days is a test in patience!!!

My mom's not a bad travelling companion, but after about the 3rd day in the car I was ready to leave her at a roadside rest stop!!! Not that she did anything to annoy me, I was just ready to have 10 minutes of 'alone' time and that simply isn't going to happen when you're sharing car space, motel rooms, and even sightseeing together.

The weather has cooled just the slightest here, so now it's actually possible to be outside for 10 minutes without sweating, vs the 3 minutes you had just a week ago! Come on January!!! I'm ready for highs around 80 instead of 100+ heat indexes.

Settling back in at home with Mom and her dog is taking a bit of time. I'd gotten used to doing things my way and now I'm having to adjust to not having any privacy 24/7 again... wish me luck in not running away from home in the next 30 days LOL!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you back! Togetherness can have its ups and downs, but sounds like you had a good time.

Chula